You have a place in the health care industry. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference ??? and real change in the health care industry ??? you belong at Banner Health. Apply today!
Passionate about the 7 Elements of Compliance, teamwork and collaboration. Join a robust and supportive compliance team while independently functioning as the compliance officer for a division of Banner Health???s Insurance division. Key activities involve maintaining and growing the existing compliance program, collaborating with operational leaders, overseeing compliance committees and presenting at the applicable boards. This position manages the compliance program for diverse and growing lines of business, so the work stays challenging.
Schedule: Monday - Friday. 8 hours shifts.
MUST BE LOCATED IN ARIZONA
This will be a HYBRID position primarily working remote with expectation of going into the office as needed. This is expected to possibly be on a more frequent basis in the future
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans, designs, implements and maintains a compliance program including related policies, procedures and processes with an emphasis on overseeing the design, implementation and maintenance of system-wide compliance program activities, reports, databases and applications. Serves as the organization???s compliance program resource and liaison in the corporate and business support environment, also assisting the (a) hospital or other health care facilities, (b) provider groups, (c) insurance division or (d) ancillary services or business areas (collectively referred to herein as the Assigned Areas). Serves as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of high ethical standards consistent with the organizations values and federal and state legal requirements. Serves as the compliance program resource and liaison, including HIPAA and privacy compliance.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs, implements, maintains, and enforces Banner???s compliance program, including related policies, procedures and processes on a daily basis, as well as Banner???s Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) and federal, state and local regulations, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA. Ensures all programs and related efforts are consistent with the organization???s compliance philosophy and strategies established by the Chief Compliance Officer.
2. Contributes to the system-wide compliance audit function by directing related activities or coordinating with the audit department. This includes directing investigations and monitoring compliance activities in accordance with compliance program standards, policies and procedures. Reviews and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations imposed by government agencies and others. Advises on corrective action plans, audit or other controls for internal processes ensuring appropriate measures are in place for accurate, complete and compliant programs throughout the system. Proactively identifies areas throughout Banner where there may be substantial risk of unlawful or unethical conduct and responds accordingly in a timely fashion, including encouraging local reporting of potential issues.
3. Contributes to development and implementation of system-wide compliance training programs. This includes participating in the preparation of presentation materials designed specifically to communicate and promote the understanding of compliance and privacy issues, laws, and consequences for noncompliance, as well as delivering the training programs throughout the system.
4. Oversees the thorough documentation of all compliance related activities to ensure compliance with the CIA and federally mandated reporting requirements. Ensures reporting requirements are maintained in a timely and accurate fashion for the system, including the resolution of each case/issue identified and closed. Reports on matters of business ethics, legal compliance and operations of the program. Oversees the design, implementation, and maintenance of system-wide CIA and compliance program reports, databases, and applications.
5. Reviews highly complex and sensitive questions, concerns and complaints relative to compliance matters, and provides leadership and support to all entities and areas as appropriate, including as relevant, senior leadership of Assigned Area. Ensures that reasonable steps are taken to respond timely and appropriately to ethical or legal compliance violations, to prevent further violations and to advise regarding potential discipline of violators appropriately and consistently. Oversees investigations of ethical and legal violations to ensure consistency in the enforcement of the program.
6. Supports, through leadership and oversight, the corporate and Assigned Area leadership and management staff throughout their facilities or areas, including providing ongoing support in the development of compliance goals and objectives. This position also acts as a compliance resource to operations as needed or requested to address and resolve compliance related issues. Provides regular reports to leadership, governing entities and compliance committees. ??Chairs compliance committee meetings at appropriate levels based on the need and direction of the system and/or Assigned Area.
7. Maintains a current awareness of compliance-related laws and regulations, as well as the CIA, keeping abreast of current changes that may affect the Assigned Area, as well as overall health care systems as applicable, through personal initiative, seminars, training programs and peer contact.
8. This position may supervise professional staff. This includes directing personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training and personnel evaluations.
9. Internal customers include system executive and senior management, physicians and all staff. External customers include state and federal agencies, specifically the Office of the Inspector General, as well as auditors, legal counsel, and other consultants.
Must possess a strong knowledge of business and/or healthcare compliance as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting/finance, or health care related field and a minimum of three years of healthcare, academic or related management experience.
Requires knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to health care, regulatory compliance, physician billing and information systems, Medicare/Medicaid and financial reimbursement systems, and HIPAA Privacy and Security issues. Must possess strong planning skills and problem solving skills. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with Banner???s executives and senior management team, physicians and federal and state governing bodies. Must also possess highly effective negotiating skills to communicate and interact with executives, senior management team and physicians.
Master's Degree preferred; previous health care or academic compliance experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.