If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing Customer Care Center . You will report to the Customer Care Director. This position will encompass aspects of forecasting, scheduling, and real-time analyzation supporting the Banner Insurance Division member contact centers.
Your role will be critical to our organization's success. You will be overseeing the Customer Care Center telephone queues working to improve intra-day gaps and achieve our regulatory telephone standards. You will be working with site leadership to evaluate areas of opportunity and execute staffing plans. Strong communication skills are necessary as the role is also tasked with helping to develop a customer experience culture and educate business partners on call center metrics.
Banner Insurance Division continues to expand and grow. This growth provides the opportunity to continue to build high-performing teams that assist in creating a customer-centered culture.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position will be responsible for generating and maintaining the long-term contact center resource plans for the Banner Health customer service network (Banner Health Network, Banner Medical Group, Banner Pharmacy Services, customer service, employee benefit services, and individual facility support, as well as all virtual contact channels). Incumbents must be able to apply theoretical techniques to real world business issues. This role is responsible for forecasting the contact center demand and workforce resources in order to achieve the Banner Health Abandon Contact Rate and financial goals. This position will provide ongoing analysis of contact center staffing performance and contact volume trends.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Construct and maintain contact center workforce capacity plans based on forecasted demand (contact volumes and handling times) and projected staffing (contact center agents). The capacity plans will show staffing requirements based on both run rate trends and budget guidelines.
2. Develop structural and replicable demand forecasting models using advanced business knowledge of key contact volume drivers. The models pertain to long-term and short-term contact volume and Customer Handling Time.
3. Develop contact center key driver metrics (off-the-phone shrinkage, hiring, attrition, overtime) as throughput into the overall long-term planning model. Conduct "what if" capacity plan scenario analyses to determine potential solutions to improve Abandon Contact Rate performance. The options will take into consideration changes to contact delivery logic, contact center configuration, and customer workflow processes.
4. Provide guidance and direction on configuration strategies across Banner contact center enterprise through interpreting complex analytics regarding contact volumes, staffing dynamics, and process workflows.
5. Generate reporting of key performance indicators such as contact volume and customer handling time performance versus forecast, as well as hiring adherence and staff attrition performance compared to plan.
6. Manage data flows from multiple sources, and continually question the integrity of input data through testing and reconciliation activities. Communicate capacity plans to all levels of business in order to ensure flawless delivery of the plan. Effectively communicate complex analysis in a clear audience-specific way.
7. Establish and maintain strong linkages with business partners to ensure appropriate information flow and incorporation of forecast inputs such as clinic encounters, outpatient registrations, surgical procedures, marketing initiatives, and demand reduction.
8. Build consensus through superior interpersonal skills to gain buy-in for delivering proactive staffing plans to deliver on the organization's Abandon Contact Rate goals. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners and stakeholders.
9. This position is accountable for contact center workforce planning for entire enterprise (~2,000 agents) to achieve a superior consumer outcome, as well as, budgetary and investment responsibilities. The incumbent in this position must be able to receive input from a variety of sources, including searching for data themselves, and then, based on data collected, make decisions relative to contact demand modeling factors and workforce hiring. Must be able to navigate in an ever-changing environment. Analysis includes, but not limited to economic and community data as well as incorporating other data such as clinic encounters, outpatient registrations, surgical procedures, marketing initiatives, and demand reduction. Ensuring data integrity is a key responsibility.
Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, or business, or equivalent education and experience required.
Four plus years of contact center long-term capacity planning experience required. This includes experience in applying statistical techniques (modeling, regression methods, decision trees, and forecasting, clustering, time series). Proven planning experience in a complex, multi-site/multi-media contact center environment (preferably covering all aspects of the planning cycle). Demonstrated success in collaborating and influencing business partners to drive transformational change through leveraging data and analytics. Superior verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Able to apply theoretical techniques to real world business issues. Strong analytical abilities to provide options and strategies based on data and informed experience. Must be a proactive, flexible self-starter. Driven, highly organized, with attention to details. Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
Advanced degree preferred. Long term forecasting experience in a contact center environment preferred. Knowledge and working experience with Aspect WFM scheduling software Healthcare industry experience. Experience with statistical programming software (i.e. SAS) Working knowledge of the Banner Health contact center segments Workforce management experience related to contact delivery/routing and contact agent resource scheduling is desired.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.