Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Patient Services Coordinator \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Primary Care at Swedish Bellevue in Bellevue, WA\.
The Patient Services Coordinator is a key member of a primary care team consisting of a Provider, Registered Nurse, Medical Assistant and Patient Service Representative\.
In this position you will:
- Manage provider's daily schedule of patient appointments, working closely with the rest of the care team to adjust as needed for optimum patient care
- Manage incoming calls, electronic messages, paperwork and fax transmissions from patients, pharmacies and other providers, routing to other care team members as necessary for signatures and timely responses
- Coordinate patient check out process, including providing after\-visit summaries, setting follow\-up appointments, confirming lab or imaging orders, researching specialist referrals and authorizing medical record requests
- Obtain pre\-authorization from insurance providers as necessary for specialist referrals, imaging, and procedures
- Educate patient to be accountable for their insurance benefit coverage when they have choices between in\-network or out\-of\-network care
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience in a customer service capacity managing high\-volume calls and appointment scheduling
- Previous experience handling confidential information and documentation
- Previous experience with computer data input
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines and electronic medical records
- Experience with EPIC practice management software
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across 108 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 153729