Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
Northern California has a lot to offer to those seeking good weather and an abundance of outdoor activities whether you prefer beach, mountains, snow, etc.
The VA Northern California Health Care System is seeking board prepared or certified Psychiatrists.An excellent opportunity exists for providing inpatient or outpatient care through an interdisciplinary team approach, treating adults individually and/or in a group setting.
The incumbent conducts history, physical exams and mental status exams; completes assessments and formulates diagnosis; develops and presents treatment plans to the multidisciplinary team; and orders all lab and radiological assessments. The psychiatrist performs psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy as indicated in the treatment plan and maintains effective and up-to-date documentation of patient encounters. The psychiatrist may also perform other duties as assigned within their scope of practice.
Martinez, CA - Addictions
Fairfield, CA - General Mental Health
McClellan, CA - General Mental Health
Sacramento, CA - Associate Chief of Staff/Mental Health
Sacramento, CA - Addictions
Sacramento, CA - General Mental Health
Sacramento, CA - Primary Care/Mental Health Integration
Sacramento, CA - PTSD
Sacramento, CA - Behavioral Health Inpatient Care Unit
Chico, CA - Primary Care/Mental Health Integration & General Mental Health
Redding, CA - Primary Care/Mental Health Integration & General Mental Health
*Sacramento location affiliated with UC Davis Medical School*
Work Schedule: Full-time (Alternate Tour of duty may be required to include evening hours and weekends).
Submitting your CV/Resume using USA Staffing is not mandatory - you may instead choose to send your CV/Resume via email directly to Crystal Keeler, VANCHCS Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Ms. Keeler with questions about the position via email or by calling (916) 843-9256.
Drug Testing: This is a testing designated position. All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing position are subject to urinalysis to screen for drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with the VA. Applicants who test positive for illegal use of drugs will not be appointed.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following:
1. Must be United States Citizen. (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA policy.)
2. English Language Proficiency - Must be proficient in spoken and written English
3. Education - Degree of doctor of medicine or equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was complete.
4. Licensure - Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Reference: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATION STANDARD. This can be found in the local Human Resource Office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Physical demands of this position involve primarily walking, talking, use of telephone/computers, etc. Strenuous physical activity is not required although the incumbent is expected to withstand pressure and stress as part of their day-to-day activity.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD-214(s), SF-15 (as applicable) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the applicationchecklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: This Agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, you must notify the agency. This decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Please provide the following required documents with your application package:
1. Curriculum Vitae or Resume or any other written format may be submitted (required).
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, you may send by fax to (916) 843-7078 or email to Crystal.Keeler@va.gov with reference to Vacancy ID#1927817
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
1. To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdfand provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is: 1927817
2. Fax your documents to1-478-757-3144.
If you are unable to apply online by 11:59 PM (EST) on TAG: Friday, December 29, 2017, please contact the point of contact listed in the announcement.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.