Job Number: 00120064
Job Posting: Apr 14, 2017, 2:26:33 PM
Closing Date: May 13, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Location: Stroger Hospital, 1969 W Ogden Ave, Chicago, IL 60612
Under the direction of the CCHHS System Payroll Director, serves as a payroll processing liaison within a defined division of the Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS). Ensures payroll process is in compliance with Cook County and CCHHS policies and procedures as well as collective bargaining agreements; ensures departmental compliance with same.
This position is exempt from Career Service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
- Enters data into payroll system ensuring total timesheet amount recorded corresponds with balance contained in the payroll system
- Substantiates various codes, rules, tables and sick/vacation accruals in Time & Attendance System.
- Reconciles payroll system generated reports with operating unit reports by contacting units, researching bases for discrepancies, taking appropriate action to ensure that employees are paid correctly.
- Ensures data integrity throughout the payroll process, from swipe transaction though balancing payroll in E1.
- Performs recordkeeping functions relative to payroll reporting. Verifies payroll information, process transactions and required information for submission in the Payroll system.
- Collaborates with Cook County Government Payroll Division and Human Resources department to assure compliance and adherence to established policies as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements and Department of Labor policies.
- Keeps abreast of relevant regulations and payroll procedures as they impact specific work areas and/or personnel; responds to internal and external payroll inquiries, resolving problems in a timely manner; provide instruction and advice to personnel concerning the installation and maintenance of approved personnel.
- Creates various management reports using Excel and Word.
- Protects and secures highly confidential data throughout the course of duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Senior Payroll Manager CCHHS
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting or Management from an accredited institution is required. (Must provide official college/university transcript at time of interview)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in payroll processing and automated time entry is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel and Word is required.
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with ANSOS Scheduling System, or similar Scheduling System is preferred.
- Proficient use of JD Edwards Enterprise Resource System Payroll processing module is preferred.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Working knowledge of Federal, and State Labor laws
- Working knowledge of automated time and attendance systems and automated payroll systems and reporting.
- Proficient knowledge of Union Contracts, Federal, and State Labor laws.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Experience with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and consistently apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex financial functions, verbally and in writing across diverse levels.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Exhibits a high degree of discretion when responding to matters that require sound judgment
- Proficient use of JD Edwards Enterprise Resource System Payroll processing module and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER